Thread: Satellite losing signal?

Satellite losing signal?

Hi, not sure if this should be here or elsewhere but can someone help please. Ive got the duo and a dark metal motorand everything has worked fine for a long time now. The last week or so though when im watching 13east (which is all i usually watch) every few seconds it goes to 0 signal. I start it turning to 19east then come straight back and it finds the signal again for a few more seconds up to maybe a few minutes then goes again. Ive tried reseating the satellite cables, ive reset the box, ive made sure everything is tight etc. Ive even re saved 13 east in position 1 on the motor but not getting anywhere. I thought at first it was just because it was windy outside but that doesnt last a week. Can anyone help please, getting very fed up of missing 3/4 of the programs im watching
    Last edited by FatmanWales; 21st February 2018 at 21:33. Reason: ADMIN Note: Thread now moved to correct section

Could be a number of other causes as well;

Deteriorated cable run / water ingress,
    Loose cable connections at receiver, motor or Lnb.
    Failing Lnb,
    Spider / cob webs in Lnb (I'm not joking!!),
    Object in dish line of sight to satellite (usually tree foliage in Summer),
    Poor reflection from dish to Lnb (rusty surface),
    Receiver tuner failing,
    etc.
    Spiderbox9000 HD, TM1500CI Super, Triax TD110 dish, Superior Darkmotor, Darkgold Lnb, Diablo wifi v2, gamma

Please Read Carefully!
    No Sky UK, NDS, Videoguard and Cable Hacking Discussion.
    Note: Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available here are kept for experimental and educational purpose only
    NO CS DISCUSSIONS ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM.

NO SUPPORT BY PM.......
    >>>Forum RULES here<<<

You should also test to see if it's the motor, by connecting your LNB directly to your receiver.

Thanks both, will look again tomorrow. Line of sight is good as is condition of dish. Coul dbe cable, lnb or receiver tho unfortunately

Thanks, all sorted now. Turns out i hadnt cit the cable far enough back before putting the connector back on, must have been rain damage further down the cable. Appears to be sorted now though