Thread: Signal dropping on and off on certain transponders

Signal dropping on and off on certain transponders

Hi all. I have a motorized setup with a TM5402HD and an Openbox V8S. I have noticed recently that my signal keeps dropping. I have 2 receivers that both show these symptoms thus eliminating that there's a receiver issue. I could be watching ITV1HD 11053/H/23000 on 28.2 east and all of a sudden the picture will go off and the signal will drop. This happens on some transponders but I can still watch other channels. This is happening a few times a day now and happens in all weather day and night. I have checked all my connections and wiring and all seems fine. When the signal drops this can last from a few minutes to a few hours then it seems to remedy itself. The only thing to try is the dish set up as I have a spare dish, motor and lnb. I only want to do this as a last result. Can anyone shed any light to this issue? Thanks.

Check if all the channels are on one polarity, Horizontal, which would probably be down to a failing LNB.
    Usually, when the signal is fine, then drops, and comes back again, I would check to see if any rain is getting into the connection.
    What are your signal quality readings, on various channels?
    Does this only happen on HD channels?

Hi Mickha. Thanks for your reply. Yes I've noticed that this has happened on Horizontal polarization and also on HD channels as you said. I will change LNB when weather is better. Thanks for your advice.

Just a quick update. I changed the LNB today and that was at fault due to slight water ingress. Thanks for your help Mickha. Cheers mate and all the best for 2017.